Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pulling Demographic Data in Excel?

I work for a classical performing arts organization and I want to pull some demographic data from ticket buyers. I have an excel spreadsheet of about 4,000+ ticket purchases over the last 3 concert seasons.



I'd like to pull where our ticket buyers are coming from (% by zip code, maybe even plot on a map), average amount ticket buyers spend on each purchase, etc.



Does anyone know of any tutorials online (I couldn't find anything from my googling), or maybe some basic tips to get me started? I'm fairly excel knowledgable.Pulling Demographic Data in Excel?
The best tutorial is actually excel help (just press F1), I have learned awfully lot from there. If you know what you want (like in your case you look for COUNT function for people coming from different regions), then it's fairly easy to find anything there...

No comments:

Post a Comment