Saturday, February 4, 2012

Straight talk phones and networks?

I have just been turned on to the Straight Talk plans by a friend, but am confused about some things. When I put in the zip code I will be using the phone in, it showed me a list of phones. However, when I looked at a separate page that showed the coverage map, it says "Straight Talk Coverage by Phone Type." To me that sounds like the coverage you get depends on the phone you choose. I am most interested in the Samsung T401G on the $45 unlimited plan...not really for the internet, but because I talk too much for the $30 plan. Based on the coverage maps (www.straighttalk.com/coverage), I would benefit most from the GSM-A map (There is also a GSM-T but that looks spotty around where I live). So my question is: Which of the four coverage maps do you get with this phone and how do you know, or with any phone for that matter. Hopefully this question makes sense. I wasn't really sure how to ask it!!!Straight talk phones and networks?
You will know when you get a phone and they activate the phone according to which tower is the closest to your physical address at the time you activate your phone. If you buy a phone with a SIM card and it does not work right they will send you a different sim card. GSM-A means that the GSM service is covered by AT%26amp;T. GSM-T means that the GSM service is covered by T-mobile.



If you get the Samsung T401G you will get one of the two with GSM service. If you get a phone with a G after the number you will have service according to what company they have service through. If you get a phone with a C after the numbers you will have either Verizon or Sprint for a coverage area.



If you know that a Verizon or Sprint work better where you live than AT%26amp;T or T-mobile you should get a phone with a C at the end of the name.



If you have any more questions message me and I will try to answer them.
  • scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment