Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Working for UPS?

Can anyone tell me how to get a full time job at UPS? I would like to be a mail handler and driver. How exactly does a mail handler sort the mail, how do they train you? Also, how do you become a driver, do have to know how to read a map? Do they assign a zip code or how does this work? Can anyone explain all this to me in more detail? Are there age requirements? How much can you make a year? Any advice would so helpful. :)Working for UPS?
I work at UPS as a Loader for about 2-3 months now and it take a couple of years to become a full-time employee. I know a guy that took 7 years to become a full-time employee. A mail handler is called small sort which involves putting letters and small, light boxes into a gray bag. If your going to become a Package driver it's going to be a full-time job any way but theres a long wait list. I would recommend working a part-time job at UPS and another part-time job somewhere else if neccessary (that's how people I know do it if they want to drive the brown truck). They don't assign Zip codes they assign cities or surburbs. You can apply to as many as you want (recommeded if you want to drive the brown truck and are in a hurry) but you don't want to get stuck with a city that far from your home. But they make 70,000 a year, downside is that they have to wear short shorts in the summer. Wait I actually have the list of Qualifications you need:

1. Must have one or more years of UPS service

2. Must be at least 21 years of age

3. No moving violations or accidents during past 12 months

4. No suspensions or revocations within past 3 years

5.Must obtain a Class C Non-CDL permit and Drivers' Abstract

6. Must pass UPS road test(manual transmission)

7. Must pass a DOT physical

8. Must meet all UPS appearance standards

9. Must be able to perform all essential job functions

Thats it any more questions you can email me or add me then email me

No comments:

Post a Comment