Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I am British and my facebook has been locked because it has been accessed by an IP in Vermont, United States?

I signed in today and was told my account had been locked for my safety due to a login from a mobile device in an unfamiliar location. A code was sent to my email address which I had to input to regain access. A map then came up showing the location where the login was made from, that being Burlington, Vermont, in the United States. An IP was given, but investigating it yielded little more than a Burlington zip code. Anyway, I'm back in and have changed my password.



Anyone have any idea what could have went on? I have family in Altanta but know nobody in the north east. I can't imagine why anyone in Vermont would want access to my account. Thanks for any answers.I am British and my facebook has been locked because it has been accessed by an IP in Vermont, United States?
It is possible Facebook was in error. Personally, I think that would be more possible than your account being accessed by an unknown user accidentally. There is a chance your account was hacked and think you may want to do is....1) the next time you go to Facebook to log in, intentionally enter an incorrect password. 2) The login screen will changed to a secure login screen and you will know this by the preface https:// 3) book mark the new log in page and use it ongoing to log in so your log in is secured.

No comments:

Post a Comment